Hi folks! Long time, no see, huh? 2011 has started off with a vengeance–nonstop responsibilities, so I had to choose what to neglect. I’m slowly but surely rejoining the life of the cyber living. I have a great Firsts post planned–I just have to sit down and do it before it’s no longer the first month of the year!
But just to give you a glimpse of all that I’ve been dealing with:
– I got a promotion at work in the midst of working on three slightly concurrent projects. Talk about a workload!
– My grandfather had a stroke, so I have been trying to be as much help as I can be to my mom, including going home for a few days.
– Jackson and Chicago Reads and Reels are launching!!! So I’ve been working with my chapter presidents on that.
– My computer crashed right before the ice storm, so I was stranded without internet outside of my phone for a lil while.
– The effects of the ice storm in Atlanta lasted WAY longer than it should have. We were trapped!!
– I’m fasting as I always do in January, but this time it’s so much more difficult. I don’t know if it’s because I skipped the MasterCleanse portion of my norm or what. Maybe it’s bc I’m stressed and I want to drown my worries in food. *shrug*
– I’m finally DONE with one of the positions that has monopolized my time and mailbox for the last 4 years, but the transition ain’t as easy as I thought it would be. I just know how to do what I was doing–never really thought long about how to explain it to someone else!
– The other positions still exist, so I have been doing some only-in-my-mind planning about some things I want to do in my capacity. Stay tuned. I’ll be solidifying the ideas when I can.
– I am finally making a conscious effort to make my house a home, but I know myself–to keep from getting overwhelmed, I’m doing room by room. One room will be done this weekend, if the Lord says the same.
All that to say, I’ve been busy. Physically and mentally. But it’s all good in the hood, folks. Stay with me. I’ll be rolling off inspiration, opinions, recommendations, good music, random ramblings, etc., in just three shakes of a tailfeather. 🙂
I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, and anything else for which I didn’t get to send well wishes. Until next time (which will be soon)!
2 thoughts on “A Hectic New Year”
Whew, I’m tired just reading all that! LOL! But I’m sure that if anyone could handle all of that with grace, efficiency, calm, and genuine concern, it is you. Glad that you are able to get your head above water (or frozen water/ice as the case may be!) I look forward to more of your informative ramblings in 2011. ;p