Today, I was Table Topics Master at my Toastmasters meeting. My theme was Daydreams since one of my favorite pastimes is daydreaming. 🙂 The members had to come to the lectern, pick one of several questions that I had printed on slips of paper, and answer it in 1-2 minutes. The questions were all “if” questions. I found some of the questions here and some others here. I made up the rest. The questions went over very well, and there were some really interesting and creative answers. I’ve bolded the one I volunteered to answer myself.
I’m sharing them below, in case you’re ever a table topics master or need an icebreaker for an event.
- If you could be any age again for one week, what age and why?
- If you could fly in a hot-air balloon over any city in the world, what city would you choose?
- If you could go back in time and talk to yourself at the age of ten, what advice would you give yourself?
- If you could travel back in time to meet anyone in your family’s history, whom would you most want to meet? (I said my mom’s mom’s mom’s mom. :D)
- If you had to wear a button with a maximum of five words what would it be and why?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money?
- If you could be romantically connected with any celebrity who would it be?
- If you could be a superhero, which special power would you choose to have?
- If you could excel at any competitive sport, which would you choose?
- If you could take a sabbatical for six months and live anywhere, where would you go and why?
What about you? Have you ever considered any of these yourself?
And here’s a song about daydreaming. 🙂